The Fishers Farmers Market is operated by Fishers Parks and runs annually through the summer in Fishers, Indiana. Ranked 6th in the state by the American Farmland Trust: Farmers Market Coalition, the Fishers Farmers Market has become a growing success year after year. One of the only dog-friendly markets in North Indianapolis area, we cater to all visitors young, old, and furry! On any visit you can find an array of local goods made, grown, baked, and harvested by farmers and local makers.
Free street and garage parking is available throughout the Nickel Plate District by utilizing parking garages, surface parking ots, and street parking. Parking garages and corresponding addresses are listed below. Surface parking lot availability varies each week but can typically be found at Flexware (12 Municipal Drive) or The Ellipse building (11 Municipal Drive).
- The Depot (8594 E. 116th Street)
- Flats at Switch (9 Municipal Drive)
- Nickel Plate Station (8700 E. 116th Street)
- Fishers Police Department (4 Municipal Drive)
- The Edge (8890 E. 116th Street)
- First Internet Bank (8701 E. 116th Street)
Accessible parking is located in the lot between City Hall and the City Services Building, just east of City Hall.
Cash or card?
While most Fishers Farmers Market vendors accept multiple forms of payment (cash or card), some vendors are cash only.
We recommend bringing some cash to the market in the event you would like to purchase items from a cash-only vendor. If you forget to bring cash or need cash when you get to the market, there are ATMs throughout the Nickel Plate District, more specifically at The Ellipse building (northeast of the NPD AMP stage) or Citizens State Bank (on Municipal Drive, just off of 116th Street).
Bringing a Canine Companion?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to join you at the market! If you plan to bring your four-legged pal, please review our dog guidelines to help our visitors have a safe and enjoyable market experience. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Dogs must be comfortable around crowds and other dogs to shop at the market.
- Dogs must be short-leashed with leash in hand, well-mannered, and by your side at all times.
- Dogs must be kept away from products, plants, and other market/vendor fixtures – both head and tail ends.
- Any damages caused by a dog (such as marking of product, tent poles, weights, or other fixtures) will be the responsibility of the dog owner and may include the costs associated with the replacement or cleaning of the damaged item.
- Dogs must be taken off site for potty breaks, and all waste must be picked up and properly disposed of.
The Fishers Farmers Market is a rain or shine market. We operate on a regular schedule, even in heavy rain. Our farmers and producers work in all kinds of weather to bring you fresh, local, and delicious foods, and they count on their customers shopping at the market in good weather and bad. So, when rain is in the forecast, grab your boots, rain jacket, and umbrella and head over to shop local!
We take the safety of our customers, volunteers, and vendors very seriously. Market staff will monitor the weather (via multiple weather sources and local weather radar) leading up to and during each market.
Tornadoes: Emergency sirens sound with a steady tone when the National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for the county or if emergency personnel have sighted a funnel cloud or tornado. At the time of the siren sounding, the staff will alert market visitors, volunteers, and vendors that one of the nearby parking garages is the safest location to seek shelter until the threat has passed.
In the event of inclement weather, the Fishers Farmers Market team will take the following measures:
- If a severe weather threat occurs prior to the opening of the market and there is reason to believe the threat will persist through much of the morning, the market opening may be delayed or the market may be cancelled.
- If severe weather, including lightning, high winds, and hail, develops after the market has opened, market staff will ask customers, vendors, and volunteers to take shelter in an enclosed vehicle or inside a nearby parking garage or other structure until the inclement weather has passed.
- If the weather radar indicates the presence of lightning within a 10-mile radius of the market site, the market will be temporarily closed and customers, volunteers, and vendors will be asked to seek shelter.
- Once the weather has passed, a determination will be made about resuming market operations for the remainder of the market day. If more than 60 minutes have passed and the storm continues, or the Market Manager can verify an extended storm cell’s presence exceeding the remaining open hours of the market, the market will be closed for the day.
- Vendors must ensure that adequate weights are attached to their tents at all times during inclement weather. If winds are extreme, vendors may be directed to take tents down to ensure safety of fellow vendors and customers.
- Cancellation of a market day, either before or during the market, is viewed as a last resort. However, if weather conditions present safety hazards beyond what staff can be reasonably expected to handle, the market will be cancelled.
- Any market delay or cancellation updates will be posted to Fishers Farmers Market social media channels. Vendors should also watch for an email, call, or text from the Market Manager.