- Activities & Events
- Summer Activities & Events
- Fishers Farmers Market
- Get Involved
- Volunteer at the Market
Be a part of the market crew!
If you’re interested in local food, healthy living, sustainability, and supporting the Fishers community, we’d love for you to volunteer at the Fishers Farmers Market!
Whatever your skills, talents, or interests, we have a way for you to get involved at both of our markets at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater (NPD AMP) and Saxony!. Join us at the market—you’ll have fun and help out a great Fishers event!
The Fishers Farmers Market at Saxony runs from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, June through September, and the Fishers Farmers Market at the the NPD AMP runs from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays, May through September.
Market Muscle Group Volunteering
Is your club or organization looking for an opportunity to complete service hours? Is your business looking for a team-building activity and a chance to show community support? The Fishers Farmers Market is currently seeking companies and organizations to participate in our Market Muscle program for both markets at Saxony and the NPD AMP!
By participating, your company/organization will enjoy the following benefits:
- A free 10 x 10’ prime location booth space during the date in which your company/organization participates in our Market Muscle program
- Public recognition through stage announcements, etc. during the date in which your company/organization participates in our Market Muscle program
- Enroll in recognition on the Fishers Farmers Market social media channels during the week of the selected market day
In exchange for these wonderful benefits, your company/organization will need to commit to the following:
- Provide five volunteers to assist with market set-up, customer service, and other activities from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on market day (can be split into shifts) at the NPD AMP on Saturdays. In addition, the Market Muscle group will provide one dedicated, on-site volunteer organizer to man the Muscle Market participant’s booth space.
Contact us about your group of five or more people serving as Market Muscle Volunteers, giving you a chance to promote your organization/business with a booth at the market in exchange for providing volunteer support. Please contact Amy Crell, Volunteer Coordinator, by email or at 317-595-3484. See all Market Muscle opportunities here.
We’re also looking for individual volunteers ages 16 and older to help in the following ways:
>> Special Events Volunteer
Assist in making the market’s special events run smoothly. We need volunteers to help with exhibitor set-up and activities, kids’ crafts and games, demonstrations, and more during our Health and Wellness Expo, Nonprofit Fair, Biz Kidz Market, National Farmers Market Week (August), Senior Citizens Day, and more!
>> Market Operations Volunteer
Help with vendor load-in and other market set-up before the market starts; with visitor counts, vendor support, and customer assistance during the market; then with tear-down at closing time. We need folks who can lift at least 30 pounds and carry and set up tents, tables, signs, and other equipment.
How to Volunteer
For more information, and to register as a Fishers Farmers Market volunteer, please contact Amy Crell, Volunteer Coordinator, by email or at 317-595-3484, or register to volunteer here.